Here's an easy and delicious dessert to enjoy at a summer bash or at-home cocktail party. The healthy chocolate coffee mousse can be fabulously presented in a favorite wine or champagne glass.
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 (12-ounce) packages of light extra-firm silken tofu
- ½ cup baking cocoa
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat the Kahlua in a small saucepan. Add the coffee granules and stir to dissolve completely. Combine the tofu with the baking cocoa, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
2. Add the coffee mixture and process for 7 to 10 minutes or until thickened and smooth. Spoon into a bowl and chill for 20 minutes or longer. Garnish with raspberries and fresh mint.
3. For a nice presentation, alternate layers of the mousse with fresh whipped cream and purée raspberries at the top and bottom in a wine glass.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe courtesy of Cal-a-Vie Health Spa’s Executive Chef Jason Graham
Available in: Cal-a-Vie Living, Gourmet Spa Cuisine cookbook
For more information, please visit www.cal-a-vie.com.