- 4 6 oz Salmon Filets
- 1 16 oz jar El Pinto Salsa
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Green Olives with Pimento
- 1 Tsp Mexican Oregano Leaves, Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Cooking Oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Place salmon filets on greased baking pan and lightly salt and pepper each filet. Set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine salsa, and olives. Add capers, and oregano (optional).
4. Ladle 1/3 cup of mixture on top of each salmon filet and place in oven for approximately 10-12 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and ladle remaining sauce on top of each filet and serve.
Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of El Pinto Restaurant & Cantina. Since 1962, El Pinto Restaurant & Cantina has been dishing up New Mexican dishes made from Josephina Chavez-Griggs' recipes, grandmother of current owners John Thomas Jr. and Jim Thomas. Twin brothers, John and Jim, took over the family business in 1994 and since then have made El Pinto Restaurant the largest restaurant in New Mexico and made their salsa and green chile sauce available to chile lovers throughout the nation.
Both brothers are members of the National Restaurant Association, Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce, "Taste the Tradition," and the New Mexico Food Producers Association. They reside in their hometown of Albuquerque with their families.
For more information, please visit www.elpinto.com, call (505) 898-1771, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.