- 1/2 pound Dungeness crab
- 2 egg yolks
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped reserving seeds
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 2 cups micro greens
1. Mix yolk, lemon juice, and vanilla bean seeds in small mixing bowl. While whisking constantly drizzle oil to make mayonnaise. Mix with crab.
2. Peel melon, cut into quarters and trim to make rectangle. Using a Japanese mandolin slice melon thinly. Place one teaspoon of crab salad and roll. Use 4 rolls per person. With the scrap off cuts of melon puree to use as a sauce for the plate.
3. In small sauce pan heat vinegar and honey, when warm transfer to blender and while mixing add oil slowly.
4. Decorate the plate with sauce and toss the greens with vinaigrette. Then, place rolls in center of plate and top with greens.
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Craig Strong of Studio at Montage Laguna Beach.