Navigating the Six Sites of the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show®, Celebrating its 50th Anniversary; Premier of the new DEMO DOCKS at Pier 66
There has never been a better time to enjoy boating. And there has never been a better place to fulfill your marine dreams. Celebrate the 50th Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show®, October 29-November 2, 2009
, where you will find the world’s finest selection of marine products offered for all budgets.
Over $3 billion worth of boats, yachts, superyachts, electronics and accessories will cover more than three million square feet of exhibit space on land and in water throughout six different sites. And you can “test drive” a selection of boats as the show premiers its Demo Docks at Pier 66.
Join us as we navigate the show so that you can plot your own course for the world’s largest boat show.
BAHIA MAR YACHTING CENTER
Superyachts, Cruisers, Sportfishers, Trawlers, Inflatables, Electronics, Accessories and Live Entertainment
HALL OF FAME MARINA
Where Sea, Land and Air Combine: Brokerage Boats, Exotic Car Showcase…and a Seaplane
- The Spectacular Superyachts: See the world’s “showstopping” superyachts (yachts 80-feet and over) from the finest builders around the globe at the Bahia Mar Face Dock. Renowned shipyards such as Trinity, Christensen, Abeking & Rasmussen, Delta, Burger and many others will be presenting their very best.
- The Newly Redesigned Yacht Builders & Designers Tent – It’s Two Tents In One: You’ll continue to find the industry’s top yacht builders, designers, architects, decorators, engine manufacturers and suppliers of fine yacht accessories under this immense 60,000 sq. ft. air-conditioned tent. To better navigate among the exhibitors, the newly redesigned YBD tent will be divided into two distinct sections — one dedicated to builders and shipyards; the other dedicated to businesses that support the superyacht industry such as designers, engineers, accessories vendors, electronics and engine manufacturers, and international trade groups. One-third of the tent closest to Face Dock will exclusively feature yacht builders and shipyards together. Here, noted builders Rybovich Spencer, Perini Navi, Heesen Yachts, Oceanco, Benetti, Lurssen, and Feadship among many others will be welcoming newcomers Mondo Marine, Dunya Yachts and Goetz Custom Boats to the block. Pass through the glass door partitions and you’ll encounter the finest in custom superyacht engineering, designing, and decorating, as well as extraordinary displays from residential and resort island destinations. Here you will also find trade groups from the Netherlands, Australia, France, Great Britain, New Zealand, Germany and latest entry British Columbia (Canada), all of which will be showcasing their country’s top providers and suppliers to the superyacht industry.
- The International Yacht Builders Pavilion: The place to see what the rest of the world is building. From necessities to luxuries, the world’s most talented and influential manufacturers and shipyards will be here to show up-to-date and extravagant options and amenities for yacht building inside this 15,000 sq. ft. pavilion.
- The Power Center: Power up at the Bahia Mar site where an impressive selection of the newest engines, generators and air conditioners for small boats, mid-size cruisers and superyachts from every leading manufacturer worldwide will be on full display.
- Amazing Array of Accessories: Accessory tents will be fully packed with the newest trends, designs and innovation in electronics. But, there is so much more including fishing equipment, diving gear, information on fabulous resorts, insurance, finance, nautical clothing, jewelry and the list goes on and on.
- Boats In Water and On Land: Think big, small and in-between. The Face Dock is lined with extraordinary superyachts from 80 to 200 feet. The North Side Docks feature powerboats, family cruisers, high performance boats, and brokerage boats. The South Side Docks showcase motoryachts, sportfishers, picnic boats, trawlers, express cruisers, and even more brokerage yachts. Move from water to the asphalt, and you’ll find hundreds of trailerable boats, inflatables and personal watercraft covering the land area.
- Fun In the Sun: Be sure that you and your friends visit the International Food Garden and floating cocktail barges to enjoy delicious food and live musical entertainment.
The superyacht showcase continues as you head north from the Bahia Mar Face Dock to the adjacent Hall of Fame Marina. Westport, Moran Yacht & Ship, Northrop & Johnson, and Merle Wood among others will present a stunning array of high-quality, desirable brokerage yachts.
From the finest on water, you can get a premier look at the finest in land-based speed and sophistication at the Exotic Car Showcase. Located across from the yachts, this popular exhibit spotlights the latest models in automobile excellence from Aston Martin, Porsche, Ferrari, Maybach, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Land Rover, Maserati, Audi and many more.
“Air” is one element that doesn’t take a back seat to “sea” or “land” as the Dornier CD 2 Seastar Seaplane is sure to turn some heads. This new, 12-passenger amphibious sea plane is the first to be introduced in the last 50 years. The Seastar boasts the largest passenger cabin configuration in its class, and is capable of landing on runways or 2 ½ foot seas. The Seastar will be “docked” at the very end of Hall of Fame Marine, next to the swing bridge leading to…
LAS OLAS MARINA
A Bevy of Brokerage Boats
It’s just a short walk or a quick water shuttle ride from the Hall of Fame Marina to gain access to more of the Show’s brokerage motor yachts.
HYATT REGENCY PIER 66 MARINA
Motor Yachts, Sailing Yachts and NEW Demo Docks
The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show is proud to be introducing Demo Docks to this year’s event. Here, serious boat buyers will have the unique opportunity to arrange for sea trials during the Show, to help them “seal the deal” on site.
The C & D Demo Docks will accommodate up to 40 boats from select exhibitors ranging from center consoles to 130-ft. motor yachts. Guests must make boat test arrangements at the exhibitor’s main show display location, and all sea trials will head south towards Port Everglades.
Brokerage motor yachts and sailing yachts will continue to be on display on Docks A & B.
HILTON FORT LAUDERDALE MARINA
Holding Court for the Queen of the Show
This year’s “Queen of the Show” – the 214’ Trident by Feadship – will be docked at this exclusive show site, along with the rest of her court: 151’ Sycara from Burger Boat Co, Heesen Yachts’ 161’ Man of Steele and 141’ At Last presented by IYC.
GREATER FT. LAUDERDALE/BROWARD COUNTY CONVENTION CENTER
Boats, Accessories and Fishing Fun for the Entire Family
The convention center will offer a terrific selection of fishing boats, family cruisers, runabouts, flats boats, center consoles, jet boats, engines, fishing equipment and accessories. Marine seminars and the Kids’ Fishing Clinics will also be located here.
Official Show Transportation Network
There’s no better way to navigate the show’s six spectacular sites than by utilizing the Show’s extensive Transportation Network.
: Free. Transportation routes between all six show sites, War Memorial Auditorium parking and downtown Riverfront parking.
: Free. Avoid the traffic and enjoy the scenery on the New River when you take the 30-minute Riverboat ride to/from Las Olas Riverfront Transportation Center (downtown) and Bahia Mar Yachting Center site (only).
Show Water Shuttle*: $10 all-day pass, unlimited usage. Waterfront pick-up points are:
- Bahia Mar Yachting Center
- Broward County Convention Center
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
- Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Hotel & Marina
: This is not the same service as, nor is it affiliated with, Fort Lauderdale’s “Water Taxi”
Shuttle buses, water shuttles and Riverboat run one hour prior to show opening and one hour after show closing.
E-Ticketing Now Available For Advance Purchases & $2-Off
Buy tickets in advance and save $2-off any single-day admission exclusively through E-Ticketing.
Just visit www.showmanagement.com
, and then click on the "Buy Tickets ONLINE" link box on the main page. E-Ticketing is available right now, and will continue through Monday, November 2, one hour before show closing.
Admission (Box-office purchase prices)
Box Office Locations
- Prime Time Preview (Thursday, October 29) $32.00
- General Admission (Adults) $18.00
- Children (Ages 6-15) $5.00
- Children (Under age 6) FREE
- Two Day Ticket (purchased at show box offices) $34.00
- Two Day Ticket (purchased online) $32.00
: Purchase tickets on site during the Show from the box offices at:
- Bahia Mar Yachting Center
- Broward County Convention Center
- Las Olas Marina
- Las Olas Riverfront Docks
The 50th Fort Lauderdale Boat Show® is
- Thursday, October 29 (Prime Time Preview): 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday, October 30: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 31: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sunday, November 1: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Monday, November 2: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
OWNED & SPONSORED BY
: Marine Industries Association of South Florida
: Intellian Technologies, Yachts International, Stidd Systems, Seakeeper, Ellis Diversified, The Sun-Sentinel, XM WX Weather Worx, 10 CANE, Atlantic Marine, Budweiser, Atlass Insurance Group, Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation and Hook the Future.
MANAGED & PRODUCED BY
: Show Management
For more information, please visit www.showmanagement.com
; or call (954) 764-7642 or 800-940-7642.